Re: [ST] brake lever adjust

- --- rachel&eric <monkeytree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can anyone on the list come up with a good reason
> why I shouldn't
> grind 1 or 2mm off of the adjusting post that fits
> into the numbered
> wheel on the front brake lever? I'm just trying to
> find a more useable
> range of
> adjustment, and I wouldn't mind the lever a little
> closer in the
> winter when I'm wearing thicker gloves.

Grinding that post would give less pull on the lever
if you're in a hard braking situation (it would hit
the grip after less travel than stock).  1-2mm might
night seem like a lot, and I'm not exaclt sure how
much travel it would take out of the end of the lever,
but it would be more than 1-2mm.  Less travel of the
lever could mean the difference of bumping the car in
front of you (or stopping short) and eating the trunk
lid of the car in front of you.

Sorry, cannot help you on tires...not not enough
experience with various makes/models (I replaced OEM
rear with OEM rear and am shopping around myself for a
whole new set).