[ST] Brake Lever

Can anyone on the list come up with a good reason why I shouldn't
grind 1 or 2mm off of the adjusting post that fits into the numbered
wheel on the front brake lever? I'm just trying to find a more useable
range of
adjustment, and I wouldn't mind the lever a little closer in the
winter when I'm wearing thicker gloves.

Have you considered that with the thick gloves on and the lever closer to the grip, you may have trouble getting your fingers off the grip and over the lever due to the thick gloves?  I noticed that when I wear my goretex gloves, I have to move the lever away from the grip so I have room to get my fingers out when I have to.  If I don't move the lever back, the back of my fingers more than brush the lever when I'm going for the brake.

Just a thought in case you hadn't tested this out, yet.  As for the lever bottoming out on the grip, I'm agree with the others that this is a possibility and not something you want to have happen.