Re: [ST] Cost to mount tires? - Ouch!

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Chris Warren wrote:

> Okay,
>
> Looks like I got gouged.  I bought the tires online and brought them in, but
> when I asked the guy about mounting them, I don't think he knew that at the
> time he quoted me.  He basically charged me 2 hrs labor.  They took the
> wheels off the bike.  I thought it sounded kind of high, but it was more
> important to me to get the new tires on so when the sun comes out (like
> today) I would be able to ride.  My back tire was showing threads, so I
> really couldn't put it off any longer.

Just to make sure that we are talking apples to apples, the bike was an
ST with out luggage or with?

IIRC, if you have a GoldThing or a big Beemer, it may actually take 1.5
hours to remove and replace the rear tire, with all the body
work and all.

But on the ST, with no luggage, it is about 15 minutes to RR the front
and about 5 minutes to RR the rear, and that's my unskilled hands.

Tom

 Thomas Emberson, Dallas, TX
 '00 Yamaha WR400F (self abuse in style)
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s
 '03 Yamaha FJR1300

 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500
 killed by rocks: '01 BRG Sprint ST (18 months old, 25,152 miles)