Re: [ST] want to like an ST

  I know of no fix for the speedometer. It is hard to read. The only plus is that
with time you can more or less tell you speed from the angle of the needle.
The rest is liveable, but could be better.
  If the 2001 & 2002 are priced about the same I would go with the 2002. It is
newer, nice at resale time, and the engine has some minor but nice
improvements.

David W. Funk
'00 Triumph Sprint ST
Pleasanton, CA

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:58:14 -0500, Michael Abraham wrote:

>Second, the instrumentation was difficult to see and use.  The
speedometer,
>if my memory serves me, registered to 180 in ten mph increments.  This
>seems silly to me, as the bike won't go that fast.  Also, from my limited
>experience at triple-digit speeds, the last thing I was looking at was my
>speedometer!  The problem, though, is that the digits are too small and
>close together to read with any accuracy.  The digital clock is too small
>and dimly lit, and the warning lights are also too dim.  These things
>appear not to have remedies, but merely need to be adjusted to.  Any
thoughts?