Re: [ST] want to like an ST

Michael,
I also found that the riding position, even with GenMar risers,
pulled me too far forward for long-distance riding comfort.  My
soloution was to convert to tubular handlebars, using HeliBar
adaptors.  I'll never go back to the stock set-up.  I missed your
original post but if you're interested in more details (and
pictures) get in touch with me off list & I'll reply.

On the issue of instruments, I agree with your assessment.  If I
could convert to the digital speedo/analog tach of the new Speed
Triple, or better yet the more user-friendly set-ups of some of
the Japanese bikes (CBR929, for example), I'd do it in a
heartbeat!
- -Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST

> Michael Abraham wrote:
<snip>
> > My negative impressions were two, one possibly fix-able and
the other not.

> > The first was the placement of the handlebars, which were too
far forward
> > and angled downward too much.  I'm short (five feet, five
inches), so the
> > bars are a real stretch for me.  I'm under the impression
that GenMar
> > risers will help some, but I'm concerned they won't help
enough to take the
> > pressure off my wrists on longer rides.  So I'd be interested
in anyone's
> > impressions of them.  Also, are there any aftermarket bars
with
> > adjustments, like the BMW bars?
> >
> > Second, the instrumentation was difficult to see and use.
The speedometer,
> > if my memory serves me, registered to 180 in ten mph
increments.  This
> > seems silly to me, as the bike won't go that fast.  Also,
from my limited
> > experience at triple-digit speeds, the last thing I was
looking at was my