[ST] RainX

Paul,

I ride through thick fog, cold and sometimes heavy
rain each morning to school. Its about 25 miles ea.
way and usually under 34 when I leave. The fog gets
thick in places on hwy 2 btwn Monroe and Everett. I
tried rainX, it works for a little while. I suggest
the anti-fog inlay you can get for inside of visor.
They are about $15 and may cause a little starburst
effect at night when you look into lights, but far
better than the fog. Until I got that I was breathing
carefuly and it sucked.

For what it's worth, RainX is for glass windshields only and is an eye
irritant. Arai says no to it on their visors and since they are all the
same...RainX has a lot of alcohol and probably ammonia too which is bad for
plastics causing them to craze. I use a Fog City and it works fine. You just
have to be very careful cleaning the inside of the visor before applying it.
There is also an anti-fog treatment for plastic lens you can pickup at
optical shops. That works too. A pure carnauba wax with no abrasive on the
outside works for shedding water with just a twist of the head in the wind.
I fly for a living and at about $20k per pane on the windshields we are
pretty careful about what goes on them. I live in the Pacific N/W and have
the same problems with cold, fog and rain.
Just my $0.02
Don Olson
02'ST
Oregon