[ST] liking ST

Your advice, please...

> I've been thinking for some time about trading my T-595 Daytona for
> something a bit "calmer," and more of the sport-touring
> variety.  Obviously, the Sprint ST is a likely candidate.  My nearest
> dealer (90 miles away) has two new left-overs on the floor, a 2001 and a
> 2002, both priced in the low $9000 range.  I test rode the 2001 a few
weeks
> ago.

Michael, I did the same soul searching and about Christmas got a 02' ST. I
rode every make and model in the sport touring category. Ducs, Aprilias and
even a VFR800. Chose the Sprint and my grin keeps getting bigger. I'm 5'12"
with 42" arms and have no trouble with the stock bars. The risers do bring
them up and back a bit. But for me it's not an issue in fact I'd like to see
if it's possible to put RS bars on. The gauges? When I'm riding the watch
stays home so I don't care what time it is. I do wish they put on a
thermometer though. You'll have no problem reading the speedo. The only
gripe I have is I would like all the gauges to be white faced. If you do get
one get 2002 the engine is really that much better. My dealer rides a 2000
ST and we go riding quite a bit and swap scooters. His isn't bad but on mine
the power delivery is smoother and pulls like a freight train all the way
up.

Don
02' ST
Oregon