RE: [ST] Brrrr!

<snip>
2. This morning I was actually able to say that the lack of visibility due
to fog was fog outside my visor rather than in it.  That said, I can't
ignore the fact that I am indeed having a lot of fogging problems lately.
Any suggestions on anti-fogging compounds?
</snip>

I've used some brand of anti-fog (don't remember the name...Sea Drops,
maybe) that works for a scuba mask. This was for my Arai helmet, which
tended to fog up pretty badly. The scuba mask stuff worked pretty well, but
it required frequent and constant re-application and I gave up. If you are
willing to do that...go for it.

On the other hand, my new Roof Diversion has a treated visor that works
fantastically for antifog on the interior. During winter, I rarely even open
the visor anymore, except in the extreme cold. This is a more expensive
remedy, but I really like my Roof (~1000 miles in it so far).

As for fog condensing on the outside of a visor, I've gotten really good at
the side-to-side-head-turn method and the finger-swipe method. I've seen a
pretty cool pair of Held gloves that had a squeegy built into the thumb for
superior finger-swipe capability. I'm considering a pair of those, but the
other lister has me curious about the triumph waterproof gloves.

Peter Chittum - '01 BRG Sprint ST
San Jose, CA, USA