[none]

Mike,

I ride a 2001 BRG ST.  Here is my two cents regarding your post:

The difference between the motors in the '01 and the '02 is really the
character of the motor.  The '02 revs more freely and seems smoother.  It
really feels more like a Japanese four when you rev it.  It does have a
little more power, but I think most people felt the motor didn't really need
more power.  At least a couple of people I know have expressed a preference
for the character of the '01 motor.  If there is a large enough difference
in price, I would still buy the '01.  (I saw '01's last year go for $8,300
to $8,500)  If the price is pretty much the same, get the '02.

I just put the Gen-Mars on tonight and found them to really improve the
seating position on the ST.  They were very easy to install.  I have helped
Tom Emberson install Heli bars on his TL and they were a pain in the butt.
I have yet to see and ST with Heli bars so I can't comment on them.  The
Gen-Mars don't come into contact with the tank or the windscreen supports.
When I ordered them, I was told that a longer brake hose isn't needed on the
'01's and newer, and that is correct.  Overall, I think it is a big
improvement for long distance riding.

Other than that, I have no major complaints with the ST.  The suspension is
a little soft for my 240lbs, but that is more my problem than Triumph's.
After having the sag set on the rear suspension and adjusting the preload,
it seems to handle much better.  I will probably add stiffer springs and
heavier fork oil, but the suspension works pretty well as is.

Good luck!