[ST] RE: Race Tech discussion(was New Sargent Seat!)

<<
I haven't heard from anyone who's just done the front and left the rear
stock with good results, anyone out there that has?

So count me as the first I guess.  I haven't felt an overwhelming need to
replace the rear shock after doing a full Race-Tech'ing on both the '99 and
the '02.  I don't have a problem with how the back feels, only the fork dive
on braking, and after doing the upgrade on the front I realize that it CAN
have better feel and handling from that end.  Of course buying a more
refined suspension unit, and setting it up correctly, will be better than
OEM(with all the compromises they make) but I don't think the improvements
are as dramatic as doing the front end.  This is what I understand from
discussing this with fellow Sprint ST owners over the years.

<<
And if not what is the best for the rear or is Ohlins the only option?

Unfortunatly I haven't seen anyone find an alternative to the Ohlins or
Penske.  What I really want to do is get a Sprint ST and a Daytona shock
next to each other so I can compare them.  If they have the same
measurements and attachment points, this opens up a whole lot more
options(Fox, Works, Hyperpro, etc).  I just haven't had the opportunity.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen