RE: [ST] leaky radiator ...help!

> I had a few basic questions to listers:-
> a) have others suffered the same fate?

Count me in.  My '99 started leaking (weeping really) at 2 years + 2
months.  I rode it that way for a while but figured I should fix it before
the summer heat.

> b) is there an alternative to a new (and very expensive) radiator?

Probably not.  I sent mine to at repair shop that specializes in motorcycle
radiators.  After 2 tries at fixing it they gave up and refunded my money.

> c) mine went about 3yrs and 2 weeks after the bike was bought.
> Do Triumph accept this is a manufacturing fault due to the warping of the
frame or stress
> fracture of the radiator brackets?
It's worth asking the question.  I didn't since my warranty had expired but
the new radiator was a different design with some stiffeners added at the
mounting points.  I don't think I'm the only one it happened to.

> d) should I just bin my ST and by a VFR? :(

Geez, thats kind of extreme isn't it?

TC