Re: [ST] fjrIII

I'm so looking for a beating here for jumping in on
this convo after ignoring the others, but what the
heck.. I'll infer what I have to.

"The ST's motor is probably the best out there."

In the sporty sport-touring tests, yes the ST has been
the fav. among the Futura, ST4S and VFR Interceptor,
but in the tests between the FJR/ST1300/BMW I see the
FJR taking top honors.

As for the FJR vs. the Triumph...I'd say the Triumph
ST's is very under-stressed, but the FJR is kicking
out some impressive #'s.  *shrugs* gets what u like
better in this case.  I haven't seen the performance
#'s for 0-60 and 1/4 miles times, but I'd think the
FJR is faster even with the xtra heft, but if someone
has the #'s please post them, I'm sure they would put
that hypothesis to the test right quick.  I do believe
the FJR has a higher top speed though.

I haven't heard anything bad about the FI in the
ST1300 or FJR, again haven't seen the systems compared
head-to-head, just heard that they all work very well.

Fuel economy, not may bikes can hang with the Sprint
ST, let alone heavier bikes.

Styling...personal preference...opinions don't mean
much to me, except my own. :-p

As I recall at work with no hard data in front of me
(really sticking myself on the line here with my
memory, haha) I believe the FJR's brakes were great,
cept they didn't have ABS when tested against the BMW
and ST1300, but now the new one will, so we'll have to
see.  Same thing goes for the SprintST, great breaks
but the testers wanted ABS to go up against the
Interceptor ABS version.

Suspension...well the ST isn't fully adjustable I
don't think, but then again I never had a problem with
the one I had, (I'm 5-10 180) and then my buddy didn't
either (6-4 220lbs) so I guess it does well across a
wide range.

As for the tight stuff I'd have to give the advantage
to the ST as it's a smaller bike.

*shrugs*  even though we are taking sport-tourers
here, I think they are very far apart, one wants to
chase sportbikes, the other wants to show touring rigs
what they are missing.

Bryce <- Will probably "Stand corrected" shortly.

- --- Don Olson <cascadebluingarms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>