Re: [ST] 12k mile service, doing the valves!A

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, collett_mc wrote:

> Thanks so much for the tip, I should be trying
> that in a month or so. Where can I get a little
> magnetic probe? I've only got one from Sears
> (telescoping type) which has an end about the
> diameter of a small watch battery. Do I need
> something smaller?

That is where I got mine, it has a flexible metal
shaft, the diameter of the magnet is about 6mm
IIRC. Anyway, did not get the magnet until after
I got the shim out with a screw driver. Went to
Sears on the way to the Triumph dealer go get the
shim replaced. Had to pick up a micrometer :-)

The magnet made it a lot easier to get the new
shim in :-)

You live, you learn.

Have fun!

Tom