[ST] for Rik - leathers, and Mike - wobble

 >>> I have an FXDWG for summer use and a Sprint ST for winter.  Only
at the weekends do the power-rangers venture out to show off their
matching leathers<<<

    A Harley FXDWG, hmmm... let's have a contest to see if anybody
can guess what color helmet, jacket and pants (chaps?) Rik wears on
his Wide Glide!
The winner gets a free recording of my Harley XR750 dirt tracker in
full song.

 >>> many bikes wear the front tire more to one side or the other <<<

    Actually just about all do, for two reasons:  1) Because of the
crown built into all roads for drainage, the tires actually ride on
the uphill side of the center of the tread most of the time.   2)
When cornering, the rider can see further ahead if he's in the lane
on the outside of the corner and tends to corner more briskly than if
he's on the inside.  Coincidentally it's the same side, i.e. in the
Lost Empire (U.K.) it's the right side of the tire that rides the
crown in the road and gets the spirited right-hand cornering;...in
the right world it's the left side that gets the extra wear.  As you
pointed out, this can exacerbate the hands-off wobbling but it's
still a design compromise common to all motorcycles at some speed.
When you hold the bars it doesn't really go away, it's just
transferred to the rear where the mass of the bike dampens it to the
point where it's not noticable.  A steering damper does the same
thing.

                                       Cheers;

                                          doggydoo   - - - o&\o