[ST] door to door

The ONLY area that bikes excel (at least in the
US apart from California) is performance - you can't split lanes or filter
through traffic, so there's little advantage there.  Even when you can split
lanes, apart from heavy traffic commuting, a car is often faster door to
door as you can go further on a tank of gas, you don't need to stop so
often, and you don't need to spend all that time putting on battle-dress.

I have never been beaten door-to-door by a cage in SoCal! My wife likes to try. Not gonna happen, not now, not ever!
In a 20 mile run in Orange County, I can stop for gas and still beat her. If I'm slow putting on the helmet and gloves, I'll still pass her within 5 miles max, and it's syonara from there.
Bare