[ST] has the fever broken?

amen on 'other bikes' - in the immortal words of Robert Pirsig, "quality
is what you like"; ride the bike you resonate with. well, emotionally,
anyway.

<I'll bet there's no-one presently on the List who will be riding the same
Sprint 20 years from now.  Better make that 10 years.>

10 year bike: i still have an '89 Honda HawkGT, that will be resurrected
for the summer season.
20 year bike: i still have the '67 Triumph TR6C my bride bought me in
return for a chunk of crystalline carbon. make that a 36 year bike.
both are exciting rides. the ST is better for range and has twice the
horspower; it could be easily be a ten year bike.

i have friends who buy several new sport bikes every year. i get a chance
to ride lotsa nice gear, like race kitted R1s, VTRs, VFRs, 1200 Bandits,
etc., and my reaction is frequently, "wow! this is a nice bike!"  then i
get back on my ST, and my immediate reaction has been [so far], "i like
this even better!"

Scott <"don't hate me"> - i just wanna know what route numbers those were,
i may need to water my ST.

Dunc <RPM Cycles> - ok, fine, dangle a coupla gorgeous classics in front
of me. i WILL get my old twin running.

Paul <newby> - you won't be "picked up" unless we get the obligatory
age/sex/location/sign/verified income [the latter thanks to Joe
Millionaire, you can't trust anybody any more]

cheers
bp
6 am, 13 degrees, sheesh. not exactly feverish.