Re: [ST] Tail light bulb?

Blake,

I tried to replace my taillamps with white LEDs last summer. They just
aren't bright enough to do the job safely and effectively. Maybe if you had
a clear lens to replace your red lens, it would work, but the red lens just
diffuses too much light to use LEDs.

They looked great at night, but in daylight, you could hardly see them. It
doesn't help that the factory mount for the lights points them slightly down
towards the pavement. This works fine for normal bulbs, but seems to make
the LEDs even less effective. (They seemed to work best when pointed
directly at you.)

Bottom line, I wouldn't recommend it.

- -forrest
'00 RS