Re: [ST] DAYTONA 600

On Wednesday, January 1, 2003, at 04:07  pm, David W. Funk wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:37:52 -0500, serlick@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> 	Different bike from the TT600. Major changes to the engine/tune
> which makes the bike simply awesome. It handles just as well as the
> TT600
> and has improved suspension and engine along with rather edgy styling.
> This is the 600 Triumph should have introduced in the first place1
>> Happy New Year,
>>
>> Howard Stephen Serlick
>> '00 blue ST
>> Philadelphia
>
> Howard, how do you know all this? I am just wondering if you have any
> more
> info then what has been published. I have only read about the Daytona
> 600
> on the web and a few short press releases in print.

There was a page about it in the December issue of Motorcycle Sport &
Leisure.

In brief:

All new chassis. 5kg lighter and more rigid. 1 kg off the unsprung
weight of the front forks.
New injection with Keihin ECM and throttle bodies mapped in house.
Redesigned inlet duct gets 15% more air into the airbox.
CNC machined combustion chamber and ports.
Peak power 110 bhp at 12,750 rpm redline (didn't the old one rev to
14,000??)
No longer looks like last years CBR.

Dave