Re[2]: [ST] green light trigger

On Thursday, January 2, 2003, 4:26:38 PM, chuck boatwright wrote:

> IIRC, in lovely california there is  something in the CVC about
> waiting two or three light cycles, and you  may procede with
> caution...  I can't find it in the CVC right now, but  if I do,
> I will post the link.

Here it is, straight out of the California CVC:

"21800 (d)(1) The driver of any vehicle approaching an intersection
which has official traffic control signals that are inoperative
shall stop at the intersection, and may proceed with caution when
it is safe to do so."

If I am at a signal that does not change for a minute or so, I
just go ahead through the light when it is safe.  I keep a copy of
this CVC section on a small sheet of paper in my wallet so I can
show it to the patrolman if I ever get stopped for running the red
light. It should at least be a starting point for discussion. :-)

- -Keith
'00 RS
Arnold, CA, USA