[ST] RE: st-digest V2002 #749

I live in England.
Fully Comp insurance for both my ST and my Harley (With agreed value) is
£338.00, about $500.00, but England is very expensive for bike
insurance.

Rik
Cambridge, England.
ST and FXDWG

I am English and live in Massachusetts and my insurance is about $1,000,
so all these people moaning and groaning about $500 or so in NJ (or
England for that matter), please...they don?t call it Taxachusetts for
nothing :(

BTW I am 39 with a 2002 Sprint ST and I have had a full UK license in
the UK for 20 or so years and a motorcycle license over here for 6
months (refer to my previous rants and ravings about getting a bike
license here in MA).  It seems to me that they have all these mechanisms
in place (well they do in MA) to regulate insurance costs and they don?t
mean a damn - a monopoly is still a monopoly and here in MA they can
pretty much charge what they want and it sucks big time...I seem to
recall Norwich Union had a similar monopoly at times in the UK.

Only 2 months till we get out on the road - please nobody start taking
the piss if you can ride all year round - I am SICK of all this bloody
snow we have had up there...Off to NY though tomorrow to the bike show
so hopefully I will get a bike fix that will last until the spring.

Cheers,

Kevin