liability only for me, thanks(Re: [ST] Progressive surprised me)

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 08:49:08AM -0600, Jack Hays wrote:
> I just received my renewable and my full coverage fell from $289.00 to
> $242.00 for a year's premium.
> Anyone else have such luck?

Jack, I hate you.  Now that I've got that out of the way, let's go ride
sometime.  :)

After wadding the sprint (which was $600/yr full covg--progressive
wanted $1800), I won't even begin to tell you how much Dairyland wanted
for full covg on the VFR, which they classify as a "high performance"
motorcycle, but it was multiple thousands of dollars.

Enjoy it while you can, Sprint owners.  The number of claims on Triumphs
is bound to catch up with insurance companies sooner or later.
(Probably sooner, if the # of totalled ST claims by TX listers in the
last year is any indication.)

Now I've got a 1 year premium of $140 with Progressive ... for liability
only.  :/

Then I tipped the VFR over at a gas station in Bandera, TX on Wednesday.
Small crack on the front nose panel, and a bent rear brake lever.
Surprisingly, I didn't burst into tears, even though I've owned it 2
months and it was immaculate before.  Having also had the cast off my
arm for 2 months, all I could think was, "Wow, it's much less painful to
damage a motorcycle when you're not on it."

Anyway, I had a great time riding around the hill country area on
Wednesday and Thursday.  Maybe I'll get around to a trip report later
this weekend.

Laters,
Brian
- --