Re: [ST] 999, etc.

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Steven Kohlscheen wrote:

> I'm quite pleased they decided to "start over" with different
> styling on the 999. There are always going to be those that
> will resist the new. Witness the uproar in the BMW community
> when the K bikes came out. I have finally seen the 999 in
> person, and I do like it. I won't own one, but I like it's
> looks.

Yup, my only complaints about the 999 are

- - the headlights, but then again, I am used to side by side
lights, the verticle stacking may wind up being the in thing in
5 years.

- - feels like butt floss when I sat on the bike, of course I am
fairly big guy.

- - $$$$$$$$

of course, I think the castings and adjustability of the
headlights are a work of art. That goes for many of the
components of the on the bike. It is a true work of art. IMHO of
course.

After removing the front fairings on the FJR, I am simply amazed
at how well thought out a large number of compenents are on
modern day machines. Every machine I have had the pleasure of
working on where the design is less than a year old has
impressed me. Many aspects of the ST, FJR, TT, some of the
laptops etc. have really amazed me.

Oh well, back to work.

BTW, anymore word on the new Daytona 1300?

I've decided that when I rationalize my 4 wheeled vehicles, I
will have a slot open for another bike. Currently two vapour
ware bikes top the list, a new ZX10r, and a Daytona 1300.

t.

 Thomas Emberson, Dallas, TX
 '00 Yamaha WR400F (self abuse in style)
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s
 '03 Yamaha FJR1300

 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500
 killed by rocks: '01 BRG Sprint ST (18 months old, 25,152 miles)