Re: [ST] Sprint Newbie - ??Parts and Manuals??

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 08:17:26PM -0500, DogHead wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just bought my 2000 ST about 2 months ago.  It was love at first sight.  I
> didn't even know this bike existed until 2 days before I bought it.  I had
> been looking at 1200 Bandits and Yamaha FZ1's, but when I saw the ST the
> hunt was over.

Congrats.  A fine choice and you've come to the right place.  :)

> My local dealer doesn't seem to stock much of anything parts wise for
> my ST.  I need a repair manual to see what I just bought, an extra set
> of keys,  and a spanner to adjust the chain just to get started.  He
> would have to order the above items.

There should be an adjuster tool in the toolkit under the seat to adjust
the chain.  The pinch nut is I believe 17mm.

> Are there a web sights that sell Triumph parts or is this my only outlet.

The best place to mail order Triumph parts is this mailing list's
sponsor: Jack Lilley.  See info below for their website.  They are in
England, but you will get your parts quicker than you can ordering
through your dealer and cheaper.  I once placed an order Friday morning
and received the item Monday morning--from the UK to Dallas.  I
purchased (too many) hundreds of dollars of parts from them and the
service was first rate.

Laters,
Brian
- --