Re: [ST] 999, etc.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 08:39:15AM -0600, Tom Emberson wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Steven Kohlscheen wrote:
>
> > I'm quite pleased they decided to "start over" with different
> > styling on the 999. There are always going to be those that
> > will resist the new. Witness the uproar in the BMW community
> > when the K bikes came out. I have finally seen the 999 in
> > person, and I do like it. I won't own one, but I like it's
> > looks.
>
> Yup, my only complaints about the 999 are
>
> - the headlights, but then again, I am used to side by side
> lights, the verticle stacking may wind up being the in thing in
> 5 years.

I dunno, I recall seeing a couple of other bikes at the Motorcycle show
that had them, though I can't think which.  The only good example being
the Benelli Tornado.  That bike is just beautiful.

> BTW, anymore word on the new Daytona 1300?

And whatever happened to the Triumph 2.2L cruiser that was rumored?

> I've decided that when I rationalize my 4 wheeled vehicles, I
> will have a slot open for another bike.

Tom, I think you have a problem.  If you don't get help at Charter,
please, get help somewhere.

Laters,
Brian
- --