Re: [ST] Re: Duc 999/matte black

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 10:05:28AM -0800, Matt Knowles wrote:
> >Why do mfr's even offer this color? Several do & I'm at a loss as to
> >who thinks this non-color is desirable.
>
> My brother happens to be one of those who likes flat black. Not that
> I've ever understood my brother though. For some reason he painted
> his Seca 650 and his helmet flat black, thinking it would make him
> mysterious, and therefor more of a babe magnet.

I met someone who was telling me his friend had an R1 that he painted
all flat black.  Then the guy put all of the lights on the bike on the
same circuit that he could turn off with a switch.  This was supposed to
be motorcycle Stealth Technology, so if a cop tried to chase him at
night he could just disappear.  I just shook my head at that one.

"It's a ghost car!  There are ghost cars all over these highways you
know!"  -- Chief Wiggum

Laters,
Brian
- --