RE: [ST] Latest Rumours on the 2.2 liter Triumph

The 22's engine is completely new. Three 4" pistons, someone else will have
to calculate stroke to come up with 2200cc displacement. It is indeed
longitudinally mounted, and shaft output.

Anyone else notice it's the first Triumph with upside-down forks? I want
those on my RS! Also, note the Speed Triple-style dual headlamps.

I had questioned the range of such a machine. How could angine that big NOT
require at least 8 gallons of fuel to achieve even a 100 mile range? The
photo (which has been around for at least a year, btw) looks to me like some
fuel may be carried under the saddle.

I believe it looks like a BMW K-bike cruiser got rear-ended by a Softail
Duece.

Ken M.
'00 RS
Spencer MA