RE: [ST] Latest Rumours on the 2.2 liter Triumph

I guess the weight is 801# wet.

My thoughts on the bike:
 - I don't care for the fig leaf or wings of chrome on the tank.
 - I don't like solid wheels on bikes.  I don't think solid wheels and
bikes go together.
 - Engine looks cool.
 - Does it suffer from lean aversion syndrome?  In the 4-wheeling world
(Jeeps, etc, not ATVs), a measurement always provided along with hp,
torque, droop, stuff, etc. is approach and departure angle.  The approach
angle can be obtained by taking a sufficiently large, non-flexible material
(like 3/4 inch plywood) and make it touch the ground, front tires, and
whatever hangs out front (bumper, wench, etc.)  The angle this board makes
with level ground is the approach angle.  The same happens with the rear.
I've never seen lean angles discussed in the trade rags, but they always
describe whether the bike grounds early, late, etc.  Of course, lean angle
changes depending on acceleration, suspension softness, etc.  Still, I
think one could easily obtain a static lean angle and use it for some
comparison purposes.

I say a guy at the Dragon's Tail who had a 350 Chevy engine stuffed in a
bike frame.  Looked as wide as the 2.2.  Radiator was as large as, well, it
was the same size as the 350 in my '78 Jeep CJ-7.  I know remember if he
had a fan behind the radiator, but if he didn't the engine would suffer
from heat problems.  Weighed around 1100# if I remember correctly.  Ugly as
could be.  Had about a 0 lean angle (well, not really).

James in Knoxville, Tennessee
 '02 Red ST