Re: [ST] KBC Helmets... any good?

In a previous email, Scott stated:
> 	The Shoei RF-800 has been a great helmet for my head. Fits
> perfect. I just wished it vented a little better. Noise is not really
> an issue as I wear ear plugs all the time. My Shoei is leaking at the
> visor like crazy now when I ride in the rain. It might also be the bug
> guts keeping it from venting so well anymore :-(

Have you checked out the RF-900? I've owned both the 800 and the 900.
The three big improvements over the RF-800:
1) It has an additional vent at the top back. When I first tried it I
was ecstatic with the air moving around my bean.
2) The vent control at the bottom is easier operate (up is open, down is
closed, and it's easy to switch with my winter gloves on; with the 800 I
could never remember if open was left or right and I would have to stop
to switch it.
3) It comes (or came) in a shade of blue close enough to Sapphire Blue
that I've had people ask if it was a custom lid.

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA, Earth

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"Fig Newton: The force required to accelerate a fig 39.37 inches per
second."
             -- J. Hart