[ST] RE: trackdays (was The Dragon/Deals Gap)

<<
Personally, I *don't* want to ride my bike on a race track. Tracks seem to
be made for much higher speeds than I'm interested in. I have zero interest
in doing 140+mph on a straight, or 100+mph sweepers.

I like twisties/sweepers on good clean road with good sightlines (a rare
thing where I live). I have no need to go faster than 70 mph. I'd be a very
slow moving obstacle on a race track. Relaxed, but sporty (not hard-core
sport), riding is my bag.

You don't have to do 140mph on a straight, or 100mph in a corner.  I've been
on a small track(Gateway Int) twice now with my Sprint ST and felt just
fine, and thats mostly a 2nd gear track for me.  I think what you have is a
misconception about trackdays.  A well run trackday will not have you, a
relaxed but capable street rider, riding on the track at the same time some
superbike pro is.  There should be atleast 3 sessions, novice, intermidiate,
and expert.  You can tool around all day in novice working on your skills in
general without setting new track record times.  Pick a smaller track if you
feel intimidated by big straightaway speeds in these environments.  I think
your missing out on a great motorcycle experience.  No cars, no gravel, no
cops, go as fast, or as slow as you please(within reason) ah, heaven.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen