[ST] valves

Non-ferrous metals and other flexible items have been the material of choice
for fuel systems on anything that I'm aware of. Aircraft, ships and land
moving vehicles. If steel fittings are used static electricity build up will
dissipate when the parts are put together or taken apart and depending upon
the amount could generate a spark which will ignite fuel vapors. This has
happened since man first cracked crude oil to make gasoline. Non-ferrous
metals such as aluminum and brass won't do this. You won't find your
friendly snap-on tools out on an oil rig or a refinery. they're brass.
Static will build with just the flow of fuel through the fuel lines and
certain materials shouldn't be used there either. Steel lines and some
plastic materials.
I know, someone will say that the butterfly shafts are steel. But if you
look hard I'm sure you'll find insulating material there like Teflon that
doubles as a seal.

For me I wouldn't have steel quick disconnects. Static is pretty insidious,
you don't know you got it till it snaps.
Just my $.02 and worth less.

DonO
'02 ST

Care to elaborate?