RE: [ST] Cheap Right side pannier replacement

> otherwise structurally fine.  On the inside half the tab that
> goes into the
> lock has snapped off.
>
> I called my dealer for the price of a replacement and - ouch!
> - spendy
> little puppies aren't they?  Way outside my budget these days. :(
>
> Does anyone have an inside right pannier for sale, or other
> ideas on what I
> can do to make the current, broken inside functional?  Would
> it be possible
> to have someone fabricate a tab extension and rivit it on to
> the stub that
> is left, or would this be too weak (I have no tools and no
> experience in
> doing that kind of thing, so sorry if this is a silly question)?

Paul,

Is it the metal (steel) hook shaped tab you mean?
I fixed one a while ago - mine got bent not broken.  Triumph don't sell it
as a separate part.
Remove the remains by drilling out the 3 rivets.  Get one fabricated, it's a
simple item.  Re-rivet the new tab onto the pannier.

Roger
'99 Red ST