[ST] Be careful out there!!!!

I know I'm preaching to the choir but I wanted to just remind you all to be
careful out there!
I was reminded of who ignorant cage drivers are again yesterday. My
daughter Jenny was riding her Magna to school (she teaches summer school)
early yesterday morning. Things were going well until some young female
decided she could beat Jenny across an intersection. She was driving an
Escort. Jenny was on her way down from an I55 over pass heading east and
approaching a frontage road when this moron pulled out. Jenny had seen her
(she was on Jenny's right/south). Jenny had looked at her then looked to
her left/north to check traffic there. As she turned back to check forward
and right again, the Escort was right there. She doesn't remember having
time to grab the brakes so I don't think she got to try to stop.

She hit the car just behind the rear tire and was launched over the bars.
She landed mostly on her left hip. Luckily my wife and I had not left for
work yet. We drove separately to the scene. My wife got there first and
starting attending to Jenny. When I got there about 2 minutes later some
LEOs & EMTs were already there working on Jenny and taking statements. We
got a couple of good eyewitnesses (got their names & numbers). A Postal
worker really helped Jenny out! Her talked to her, called us, called the
police and called Jenny's school. And then he stayed and comforted her
until the cavalry arrived.

My wife said that the cage driver admitted to one of the LEOs that she
thought she could beat Jenny across the intersection. What the rush was
nobody knows. She would have to wait another 30 seconds? Whoop dee doo!!!!!

Jenny's still in the hospital. She has a separated pelvis and some internal
bleeding. As of this morning the bleeding seems to be subsiding. She spent
the night in MICU and may get transferred to a regular room later today.
She was already told she can't finish teaching summer school. All the
standing required would not help her heal. Speaking of healing, as normal
she was wearing her leather coat, helmet, and boots. There are a couple of
divots in the helmet, some good scrapes in her coat and gloves. I truly
believe that if she wasn't wearing her helmet this email would have a
completely different tone. She has a couple of bruises but NO road rash!

George

End of st-digest V2002 #1085