Re: [ST] Throttlemeister - was New Guy Questions

Scott,
Someone already replied about the washers and shims.  I have been playing
with them and probably will continue for a while.   When I first put them in
I tightened them and adjusted without putting the thing at full off.  That
was a mistake I corrected in later tries.  Put whatever combo of washers and
shims in then turn to full off and tighten.  Test for full throttle snap
back and for engagement of the throttle by the bar end.  Add shims/washers
to loosen.  Remove to tighten.   I had it almost perfect but it would not
snap back cleanly.  That's too tight.  No snap back, you have to add
space/washers or you will be sorry.   I need to take just a hair off and
can't get the right combo.  Need to get some more real thin washers to play
with.  Remember this isn't rocket science but cut and try and you'll get it
right.  Just can't say how long it will take :-)
Good luck,
Rod