Re: [ST] Mobil Premium Fuel

Rod,

89 pump octane is 95 research octane.  Unless you've modified the
engine, the extra octane number is not helping.  It isn't hurting, either.

I got 50 mpg at 75 mph on a return trip from Indianapolis.  Mine has
4500 miles on it, now.  I made the 460 miles in 8 hours with gas stops
and lunch included.  I wouldn't want to do that several days in a row,
but my RS made a good tourer for a single day.

Rod Brown wrote:
> Howard,
> The Owners Manual for my 2002 says 95 RON.   The best I can find around here
> is 93 or 94 pump octane ( RON + MON / 2 ) .  The mechanic at my Triumph
> dealer who I have a lot of confidence in says "run the good stuff".   I
> totally agree with your point about wasted bucks but I always run what the
> manufacturer states or better.  Maybe its those engine mods that changed the
> fuel requirements???
> By the way my first three tanks were 47, 48, and 47.8 mpg - man I can't
> believe that!!!   Not running slow either.
> Rod

- --
John Albright
'02 RS