[ST] Luggage for RS

I thought I was ready to buy the Ventura rack/pack, but am now considering the Triumph soft panniers and/or the Triumph tank bag for the Sprint. Can't decide between a tank bag (not sure I like the looks) and Ventura sport pack for commuting / day rides (raingear, cell phone, extra tools, etc).

Recommendations on what to get/avoid appreciated. I'm going to a three day RAT rally in a few weeks and think I'd rather carry my stuff on the bike, not my back (daypack). So I have two needs, small capacity for day-to-day, and something larger to handle a couple days worth of stuff.

Bryce(?), who are you buying your Ventura rack from? That price looked pretty good to me.

Garry