RE: [ST] Slipper clutch

5k wasn't the problem-it was a tad higher.  While I was out today I ran 2nd
up to about 6250 so by the time downshift occurred the engine would be
around 6k rpms.  There was no lockup (plus it didn't chirp) on a similar
surface and same back tire (D208).  I didn't have the desire to do it at any
higher rpms just to see where the backend would lock up solid.

As far as I can tell, riding position (weight forward vs. back) and weight
in bags were pretty much the same.  The road surface where I went off the
road was slightly downhill which would load up the front wheel more, but it
was not a steep slope.  I think I was just way high on the rpms.

James '02 ST