Re: [ST] Who has ridden both an RS/ST?

Bryce,

About a year and a half ago, I spent about eight weeks on an
ST while my RS was in various Triumph dealer shops trying to
get it's surging and stalling problems fixed.  The Mtn. View
dealer (California Triumph) loaned me a 1999 ST that had
been traded in. I got to know the ST pretty well over that
time period and to be honest, there isn't that big a
difference physically; the RS is a little more nimble, due
to shorter wheel base and less weight, but otherwise they
are pretty much the same. However, and this was a big
"however" to me: the ST just felt much bigger and cumbersome
after two years on the RS. I am positive that the feeling
was totally one of perception; because of the much more
massive fairing, the bike felt much bigger, and that feeling
carried over into perceived handling.  I was very happy to
get the RS back!

Just MHO; YMMV, of course.

- -Keith
'00 RS