[ST] for Bryce - who's ridden RS & ST?

       Here's the only picture I have on my computer of my '00 RS
with it's GenMar risers, ST bars and Zero Gravity sport touring
screen and GIVI bags.  My oldest son - who lives on the California
coast - has an RS and my younger one - who lives at 7,000 ft. at Lake
Tahoe - has an ST.  We've put many miles on each others bikes. My
modified RS is as comfortable as the ST and has noticeably (but not
radically) better handling.  Having said that, I consider the climate
in which you live to be the MOST important consideration in choosing
between the two bikes.  The ST, with it's full fairing, puts out a
lot more heat on the legs (to the point where many owners remove
their lowers for the summer) and is the best choice in a cool climate
with a long winter.  The RS is WAY more comfortable in a warm climate
with long summers.  Be aware that the Triumph triple is an
extraordinarily habit forming engine and it's very difficult to go
later return to any other configuration.

                                 Have fun;

                                    doggydoo   - - - o&\o