[ST] TSRA 2003 Eastern Rallye?

Well, after riding the mountains of North Georgia all day (chasing
Ducati's), I was happy to return home to find a pile of responses from
Eastern Triumph riders!  This looks like we're off to a good start.  I
appreciate the responses as well as the good number of people willing to
help organize the event.

I should mention that I've just joined the TSRA Rallye Coordinators' group,
and am learning as I go -- so, I'm not sure exactly what we should do
next.  If any of you have planned a TSRA Rallye please let me know (I
promise I won't dump everything on you - honest ;)  ).

Here are a few of my thoughts:
(1) Prior to making any decisions, we should give list members a few more
days to respond to the initial email.
(2) The dates of the Eastern Rallye should not conflict with the Western
Rallye, so members can attend both.
(3) The TSRA is not affiliated with RAT and TSRA events and do not require
RAT membership.
(4) However, to attend the rally, one must join the TSRA (only $10 per
year).  Please note the TSRA website is in a state of disrepair, but that
should be remedied soon (http://www.tsra.cc).
(5) The TSRA is an AMA Chartered club and the TSRA obtains insurance for
associated events (e.g., the Eastern Rallye).  This means we need at least
2-weeks lead time to obtain insurance for the rally.
(6) It looks like most of you are interested in holding the rally in PA,
OH, WV, or the mountains of VA (at least I hope that's what you meant by
DC).  I think my vote would be for WV, but I'm open for any place we agree
on - the farther South the better.  I've traveled in most of the places
mentioned as rally sites; however, since I now live in Georgia, I'm not in
a position to provide the specific details needed to complete a "proposal"
for the rallye coordinating committee.  For those of you that made
suggestions, please give thought to specific locations for accommodations,
food, and rides.  If your proposal is selected, you're going to have to
pre-ride the routes.  And, of course, we'll all roast you if the
accommodations are bad.
(7) Please promote this rally with your ST/RS friends.  It would be great
to have a big turn-out and would set us up well for a 2004 Rallye.
(8) TSRA members who have moved-on to other rides are welcome to attend
this rally.
(9) Our final plans, submitted in the form of a "proposal" must be approved
by the rallye coordinating group.
(9) Feel free to contact me off-list.

Thanks again,
Craig "iDawg" Tate