Re: [ST] ST bars on an RS....need some help!!!

After working on the Triumph today I feel happy with what was accomplished
and I feel like a dope for not noticing something earlier.  However just in
case anyone else is as dopey as I was I need to post something to possibly
help someone else.

Here is my dopey event.  I had a Metzler MEZ4 installed on the back of my
ST.  Since that time I have not liked the handling.  Also I noted that the
bike was harder to get on the centerstand.  I assumed that the Metzler must
have a smaller diameter than the Bridgestone that it replaced.  That would
explain the slower handling and greater difficulty putting it on the
centerstand.

BUT.  The problem was that the mechanic rotated the eccentric rear axle
after installing the tire.  if you notice similar problems after a tire
change, check to see if your mechanic f___ed up like mine did.  I rotated
the axle approximately 180 degrees and bike is transformed back to the
Sprint that I love.  I am dope for not checking that sooner, but I assumed
the problem was tire diameter.

Second thing:  I have never been completely happy with the throttle action.
Turns out that throttle cable routing is less that ideal.  I rerouted the
clutch cable so that it does not put that slightly backward bend in the
throttle cables.  Also I made a bracket that raises the master cylinder
reservoir about 2 inches so that the throttle cables do not have to make the
required slight bend through the hose connecting the reservoir with the
master cylinder.  The Triumph is very finicky about throttle cable routing
and time spent on this will be rewarded with easier throttle pull.

I have a couple questions for the Triumph knowledgeable and faithful.

Can the bike handle having the headlight bulbs replaced with two that have
100w high beams?
What is the easiest way to get to the bulbs.  Do I have to remove some
fairing or do I need only removed some inner fairing.  If inner only, what
is the easy way to accomplish that?

I have the accessory pipe and was given the tune for the accessory pipe that
was standard (I guess) in May 2002.  The bike seems rich.  Any reason not to
try a K & N air filter element first before trying to go with a more recent
tune.

I have been reading about eastern meeting places.  All that have been
mentioned are great....Pa mountains, W.Va., S.E. Ohio.  I won't be able to
attend but enjoy.

It is my plan to go to Arkansas next spring.  Do enough people like riding
in early spring to see if we could coordinate a last week in March ride in
the Ozarks?

Thanks again,

Lou