Re: [ST] TSRA 2003 Eastern Rallye?

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Steven Kohlscheen wrote:

> Canaan Valley is exactly where we held last years Eastern Rallye.  It was
> great!  State College, PA holds bad memories for me.  2 years ago I missed
> the HSTA national there due to a mechanical on the way.
>
> I would like to say that, historicly, TSRA rallyes haven't been about
> enjoying the local night life/party districts.  We've picked reasonable
> non-urban areas to facilitate a riders rallye, which I rather prefer.  But
> that's my opinion, this is a club of many, so we'll see how the decision
> goes.

Sorry I missed last year for sure, I really liked that area for riding and
hope to return to Canaan Valley to explore more if it.  Lots left I didn't
get to see, Dolly Sods,  etc.

We really enjoyed Charleston to the point where I would not mind a return
visit.  The folks at the Charleston House Holiday Inn were very
accomodating, it has a garage, and easy walk to several bars and
restaurants.  We'd prolly end up at Sam's again, good bar food, good music
in the box, an old Enfield Scout on the wall, and Guinness on tap.  We
were there so much we nicknamed it "the office".

What is the time frame we're talking about having an east coast rallye
in?  Anyone else headed for the Allegheny Raid this weekend?

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail

End of st-digest V2002 #1136