[ST] Triumphs and Lincoln Town Cars

I agree with the sentiments regarding reliability.  I also draw
attention to the fact that while new gadgets and features create a
broader appeal, they by nature create increasingly complex systems and
chances for problems.

My Sprint ST is an experiment.  So far, I absolutely love it.  Well see
if thats the case a year from now.  My last couple of bikes were
Japanese and were essentially flawless outside of routine maintenance.

There's no question that Triumph is acutely aware of the importance of
overall reliability.  They need to appeal to a premium market to
survive, and that market will run, not walk, away if the quality isn't
there.  What concerns me at the moment is dealer support.  I know I can
hop on a Honda and travel anywhere in the country and more than likely
be within a reasonable drive/tow to a dealer.  Thats part of what
Honda's good at: its part of the honda marketing machine.  If anything,
Triumphs currently need to be MORE reliable because of the spotty
support in some areas.  Its really hellish to not only have one dealer,
but to have that dealer suck.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed with my
local guys right now.  They haven't yet had a chance to pi$$ me off,
but things change :-)

We shall see ...

Eric.