Re: [ST] Steering dampener recommendation

>I've put about 15K miles on it, and have become
>slightly disenchanted with the steering wobble I
>experience when I let off the bars.  I've got hopes
>that a dampener can help solve this.  Can anyone
>recommend one.
>
>Also, has anyone else had this problem?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Andy

It is more than likely your steering head bearings.  Have them
checked/adjusted at your local dealer.  I had this problem a year or so
back, wobble under de-acceleration when I took my hands off the bars,
usually started right about 40-45mph.  Steering head bearing adjustment
cleared it right up.  I don't think you need a damper.

duncan
dallas