RE: [ST] Headlight Refocus

I installed some Candlepower Rally Premium bulbs.  They are awesome.  I
did not have to re-focus the headlights.  I may do a little adjustment
this spring when I have some free time.  But here is a little story:

I was riding back from Kansas City on I-70 running at my stead pace
(pretty much passing everyone.) I passed a semi that was running his
high beams.  When I got up next to him I flicked on my highs, and
believe it or not I could see better with my lights than when I was
looking ahead with his.  In astonishment I looked up into the cab of the
truck and the guy gave me a thumbs up out the window.

Call me paranoid, but I like to see as much in front of me as possible.
I would definitely recommend up grading your bulbs.

Pip

Subject: [ST] Headlight Refocus

Just wanted to send out a thanks to whoever has contributed to the "my
ST's
headlights suck" conversations in the past. I finally took the time to
refocus them this last Sunday, after having spent many miles in the
dark,
with about 10 feet of visibility thanks to the headlights.

I did it at dusk on Sunday, and used my garage door as a means of
gauging
it. I was no where near as scientific as some of the descriptions out
there.
I was ~10 ft from the garage, and moved the upper edge of the beam up by
2-3
inches (again, these are estimates).

Now, after a couple of runs in the dark this week, I can see a marked
difference between what used to be this great black void of road rushing
into the inadequate beam, and what is now some pretty clearly
illuminated
road (comparable to most cars out there with me). I'd still like to get
the
brighter light bulbs now, too...never can be too sure. :-) Nevertheless,
this has already helped enormously.

We'll see how the caged masses like it (or not). I'm not too worried
about
people in front of me...it's more the people off to the sides,
especially in
turns that I'm curious about. I'll report back if I begin to get people
telling me I've got my brights on.

Later

Peter Chittum - '01 BRG Sprint ST
San Jose, CA, USA