[ST] New to the List / GenMar Question

Hello all,

I've been lurking out here in the mist for a little while and figured it's
about time to jump in and get acquainted.  I live in the greater Chicago
land  are and have a 2002 Blue ST that I purchased back in late
August.  Boy, that seems so long ago!  The winter up here has been
miserable to say the least.  I took the ST out for a short run down to
Suches,Ga last September and thought what a comfortable ride!  I'd have say
the most comfortable bike I own.  But it would have been a little bit
better with some GenMar risers.

Well, the wife bought me a set for Christmas and I finally found time to
mount them. Hmmm!  Things didn't go as smoothly as I had anticipated.  The
left (clutch) side mounted pretty easily but the right (throttle) side was
a different story.  The riser went on fine BUT the throttle cables were a
little tight.  And if I turned the bars full left to lock the throttle
cables at the housing contacted the underside of the windscreen
support.  IN fact the moved the support about 1/2 inch at full lock.  Not
my idea of they way they should fit.  I tried moving the throttle housing
around with some limited success.  The cables may has loosened up some but
they still hit the support.  Not as badly as before but there was still
contact.

Have any of you mounted GenMars on your bikes?  If so, do these problems
sound familiar?  What did you do?

I talked to the head mechanic and the Triumph dealer and he suggestion was
to move the throttle cables.  Been there, tried that, no luck.  I've sent a
couple e-mails off to GenMar but no responses yet.  Any suggestion you may
have you be greatly appreciated!  Oh yeah, I also have heated grips but I
don't think that really matters.

TIA!

George