Re: [ST] New to the List / GenMar Question

Hi George,

I also have the problem where the windscreen support is moved at full
lock. I have just "put up" with the slight rubbing of the throtle cable
housing, an now have a sliver line where the black paint has worn away.

Will look forward to replies for this one..

Cheers

Neale in Sydney,Oz
'02 Sprint ST, SBlue

George wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been lurking out here in the mist for a little while and figured
> it's about time to jump in and get acquainted.  I live in the greater
> Chicago land  are and have a 2002 Blue ST that I purchased back in late
> August.  Boy, that seems so long ago!  The winter up here has been
> miserable to say the least.  I took the ST out for a short run down to
> Suches,Ga last September and thought what a comfortable ride!  I'd have
> say the most comfortable bike I own.  But it would have been a little
> bit better with some GenMar risers.
>
> Well, the wife bought me a set for Christmas and I finally found time to
> mount them. Hmmm!  Things didn't go as smoothly as I had anticipated.
> The left (clutch) side mounted pretty easily but the right (throttle)
> side was a different story.  The riser went on fine BUT the throttle
> cables were a little tight.  And if I turned the bars full left to lock
> the throttle cables at the housing contacted the underside of the
> windscreen support.  IN fact the moved the support about 1/2 inch at
> full lock.  Not my idea of they way they should fit.  I tried moving the
> throttle housing around with some limited success.  The cables may has
> loosened up some but they still hit the support.  Not as badly as before
> but there was still contact.
>
> Have any of you mounted GenMars on your bikes?  If so, do these problems
> sound familiar?  What did you do?
>
> I talked to the head mechanic and the Triumph dealer and he suggestion
> was to move the throttle cables.  Been there, tried that, no luck.  I've
> sent a couple e-mails off to GenMar but no responses yet.  Any
> suggestion you may have you be greatly appreciated!  Oh yeah, I also
> have heated grips but I don't think that really matters.
>
> TIA!
>
> George

> *   *

- --