Re: [ST] New to the List / GenMar Question

In a message dated 3/13/03 8:44:57 PM Central Standard Time,
gkeslin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I talked to the head mechanic and the Triumph dealer and he suggestion was
 to move the throttle cables. >>

George,

I have Genmar risers on my '01 ST. They were installed last year by my dealer.
The problem that arose was when I turned the bars to the right the engine
would rev up.  I figured take it in and have it looked at.  My throttle cable
was kinked from being too tight.  The service tech removed the old one and
installed a new one. In the process of installation, he was able to find more
slack by trial and error.  I haven't had any more problems with kinking
cables. In fact, I haven't had any troubles with it at all.  My switch gear
and bars clear the windshield and mounts. Could it be that you have them on
backwards or something?  Good luck, welcome aboard.  I read better than I
write so I mostly stay in Lurk Mode. You can learn alot by lurking, but it
isn't as much fun. :o)  hope you isolate the problem.

Al (Good Dawg) Gentry
Spencer, Oklahoma
'01 ST (red )