[ST] Hello from the Foothills of Northern California

I thought it was time to jump in and say "hello" to the LiST since I have
been learning so much over the past couple months.

Last September, I bought a "99 Sprint ST (Black with panniers, rack and 4200
miles) while waiting in frustration on the delivery of a new Honda ST1300
ABS.  I have been a Honda guy most of my life: a new '76 CB550, a  used '88
VF750C Magna and a new '93 ST1100 nonABS.  But guess what?  The Triumph has
won my soul!  When the ST1300 arrived on December 5th, I told the dealer "no
thanks".

The Sprint ST has introduced me to the sportier side of sport touring.
Compared to my ST1100 (53,00 miles), it's lighter, faster and I love the
engine noise and exhaust note!  It rides two-up surprisingly well and takes
side windgusts better, too.The seat and ride position are ideal for my 6'0"
frame.  I don't need Genmars or Helibars either.

For more wind protection, I added a smoke-colored Zero Gravity Sport Tour
windshield.  For my 49th birthday, my wife bought me heated handgrips (I'm a
lucky guy!).  I plan to make the fork mods (Racetech, etc) that you all rave
about.

The most valuable thing I learned while reading this LiST:
If the bike starts up with a bad idle, turn the key OFF and start it again.
It clears the brain of the fuel injection system. A simple solution and yet
I don't think I would known this unless I read your posts.  Thanks much!

George Cope
Roseville, CA

P.S.   One of the most beautiful roads you will ever ride:
http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/SutterIoneRd.htm