[ST] for George - GenMar risers

 >>> I finally found time to mount them GenMars).  Things didn't go
as smoothly as I had anticipated.  The riser went on fine BUT the
throttle cables were a little tight. <<<

     I replaced both throttle and brake cables on mine (from
Trophy,... I think,... it was three years ago)

 >>> And if I turned the bars full left to lock the throttle cables
at the housing contacted the underside of the windscreen support.  IN
fact they moved the support about 1/2 inch at full lock. <<<

    Yeah,... fortunately the windscreen and subframe are both quite
flexible I bent the subframe out enough to provide clearance (didn't
measure it but it must have been about a half-inch or more) and did
the same on the left side so the screen didn't look cockeyed from the
front.

 >>> I also have heated grips but I don't think that really matters.
<<<

    On my bike the throttle housing HAD to retain it's original
position to accommodate the heated grips.

    I consider the GenMars the most important of all the
modifications I've made in the three years I've had the bike.  The
stock bars are not only too low (for me) but they're also at an odd
angle (for the human hand).  With the GenMars, you may find you want
a taller screen.  Many of us have had good luck with Zero Gravity
screens.

                                          doggydoo   - - - o&\o