[ST] Two fatalities in the Lewisville area on Sunday

Steve Duncan referenced the term the police used of the bike running into
the car this past weekend.
Sadly, there were actually two motorcycle fatalities this past Sunday.
The first was a 48 year old man from my town The Colony on highway 121.
The second a 19 year old man who had bought his bike three months ago in
Flower Mound.
I'm not stating the above for any reason other than clarification. neither
was at fault.
In both cases the car turned left from the opposing lane in front of the
motorcycle.
In both cases it was stated the motorcyclist hit a car.
Both had green lights in both directions and the driver claimed they never
saw the motorcycle.
The drivers seems to be comforted by the local sheriff who stated "It's
getting warmer and there are more motorcycle out riding. The motorcyclist
have to start paying more attention to the cars." DOES ANYONE FEEL THERE IS
SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE STATEMENT BESIDES ME? Of course we have to pay
attention. we don't survive if we don't. Their out to get us if we don't.
But where oh where is the drivers responsibility. The statement almost made
it sound like it was the motorcyclist fault the driver turned in front of
them.
The 19 year old had quit school to work and help out the family since his
mom had just been diagnosed with cancer. the 48 year old was an active
charity fundraiser who had ridden since he was 14.
BTW, the cage driver in case one was a 70 year old woman and in case two a
74 year old woman. Not trying to make a statement but I can just see the
comforting sheriff to the poor little old lady. WHAT ABOUT THE VICTIM AND
THEIR FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"